Donor Resources for Organization Information
You’ve done your CharityCheck to identify the organization and find its tax status. Now these donor resources can help you find out more about an organization’s mission, operations and finances.
- SeriousGivers.org (data on almost 300,000 charities, plus donor education)
- CharityWatch.org (formerly American Institute for Philanthropy) (ratings on 600 charities)
- Better Business Bureau for Charities and Donors (ratings on charities, plus donor education)
- CharityNavigator.org (ratings on 6,000 charities, plus donor education)
- GuideStar.org (data on 1.5 million+ nonprofits and charities)
- GreatNonprofits.org (consumer comments on charities)
- National Center for Charitable Statistics (data on charities and nonprofits)
Donor Resources for IRS Rules and Requirements
These donor resources can help you learn about the IRS rules and requirements related to charitable giving.
- Exempt Organizations Select Check (formerly Publication 78)
- Publication 526 — Charitable Contributions
- Publication 557 — Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization
- Publication 1771 — Charitable Contribution Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements
Donor Resources for Consumer Protection Help
These government donor resources can help you with consumer protection matters.